Question
Posted by: voetjiies | 2008-11-25

Anal Warts

i`m a gay man and seem to be suffering from warts around my anus. From time to time I get itchy and wet and feel some sort of blisters around the area. This time around it`s worse than ever before. What`s the cause and how to remedy the situation.

Dear Voetjies
The best way to get rid of this is to have it cauterized under anaesthetic. The quicker, the better - as it is contagious and can spread to the penis. It is difficult to treat yourself as the medication you can use on it is very irritating to normal skin - it must usually be applied by a doctor repeatedly, so getting it cauterized is faster and more effective. YOur GP or a surgeon can do this.