Question
Posted by: TARRYN | 2013-01-17

ANAL WART

Hi doc. I felt a bump/growth alongside my anus about 3 years ago. Being naive, I thought it was a swelling that would go down. Only recently upon reading about reading about anal warts did I realise the severity of it. Im 29 years and I never had any form of sexual contact whatsoever. I dont understand how I could possibly have contracted the virus. I did have a wart on my little finger on my right hand for just over 3 years now which I had removed this year. Please advise or explain to me how this could be possible.. Im extremely embarrassed but I realise I have to see a gynae.

Why do you think it is an anal wart? It could be a pile or a skin tag or something else. I would suggest that you see your GP to assess.