Question
Posted by: XX | 2009/08/02

Anal spasm

Please help me. I have an anal spasm for 2 weeks now. I have been referred to a surgeon who prescribed nitrolingual spray on the anus. I have also tried aneathstetic creams. All to no effect. I am so drugged of all the painkillers just to keep me sane. I read that Botox in the anal muscle can help, but my specialist surgeon says he does not do it neither does he know of someone who does. My life is over. I cannot live with this pain anymore. I am unable to do basic activities and is in bed most of the day.

Dear XX
It sometimes help if they stretch the anus under anaestetic - did your surgeon discuss this with you?