Posted by: Ellen | 2010-02-17

Anal sex - risks?

I' m a 50-year-old divorcee who is dating and has an active and enjoyable sex life. In fact, I' m probably having more fun and satisfaction than ever. The man I am currently dating enjoys anal sex, among other things. This is new for me and I' m a bit concerned about the risks. He is gentle and very concerned about my wellbeing, but I am still concerned about the dos and dont' s. Any help would be most appreciated!

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

If you can listen in to my radio show heart 104/9fm, Cape Town based station. If you are not in Cape Town you can live stream on - On Wednesday night 24th March I will be doing my whole show on this very popular topic.
A few golden rules about anal play:
1. always use a condom
2. Always use water based or silicone lubricant
3. never penetrate from the anus into the vagina as you spread bacteris this way
4. the anus is tight - learn to relax it
5. Many people feel comfortable ensuring they are cleaned out before penetration so no accidents
6. Begin slowly with anal play on outside of anus, use tongue to rim and then explore with fingers- covered in a latex glove or condom. Get the anus used to being penetrated,
7. You have the right to stop when there is pain or discomfort.

Posted by: Karabo | 2010-05-04

Make sure you gear your mind up on getting interested in havig anal sex. Don''t just jump into it for your partner''s sake, do want to enjoy it for yourself.

- Lubricate as much as posible and try penetration every now and then as to get the feel before you have full anal sex.
- I have found that if ever I feel any pain, being penetrated in the vagina helps relax the anus discomfort.

Reply to Karabo
Posted by: Excited for you :) | 2010-03-12

I would advise you use a comdom all the time and only use water based lubricant nothing else.

Reply to Excited for you :)
Posted by: envious | 2010-02-18

u lucky girl u

Reply to envious