Our expert says:
Ageing and Sexuality expert
If you can listen in to my radio show heart 104/9fm, Cape Town based station. If you are not in Cape Town you can live stream on www.1049.fm - On Wednesday night 24th March I will be doing my whole show on this very popular topic.
A few golden rules about anal play:
1. always use a condom
2. Always use water based or silicone lubricant
3. never penetrate from the anus into the vagina as you spread bacteris this way
4. the anus is tight - learn to relax it
5. Many people feel comfortable ensuring they are cleaned out before penetration so no accidents
6. Begin slowly with anal play on outside of anus, use tongue to rim and then explore with fingers- covered in a latex glove or condom. Get the anus used to being penetrated,
7. You have the right to stop when there is pain or discomfort.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.