Question
Posted by: Rade | 2009-04-28

Anal sex

My boyfriend and I are having anal sex in a gay relationship. We therefore only have one choice.
Before we start, I usually try to clean the anal canal by squirting water up there and releasing it so that it can be washed clean.
(1) is this a healthy way, and how would you rate douche kits from the pharmacy in terms of healthiness?
I find that when I eat oily food, the anal waste is broken down considerably. When I am on a low oil and fat diet, the waste is "  harder"  and not broken down so much. As far as I know this is caused by the liver activities?
(2) What is easier to clean and will stick less to the anal canal when rinsed: an oily diet or a low oil diet?

Dear Rade
You don't need a special douche kit, you can use a enema bulb and normal luke warm water.
Try eating a low fat, high fibre diet, and drink enough water to keep the stool fairly soft. If you tend to be constipated, you can use something like Fibrogel or Duphalac to soften the stool.
It is always wise to use condoms, not only to prevent STD's but also to prevent urine tract infections and use some lubrication like KY jelly too to prevent damage to the mucous membranes of the anus.