Posted by: Laura | 2011-06-22

Anal muscle

Dear Doctor, after having a heamhroidectomy after my sons birth, I am unable to wipe the area clean after passing stoolls. It seems there is seepage, especially when stools are loose (not even runny). I wipe numerous times and to be specific, I could use up to one 2x ply toilet roll when using the loo, per session.
I have to then use an bowel syringe to rinse the anal area, wash the whole area over and over to avoid any germs and use savlon everyday. I cannot continue like this indefinitely, it has been 9 years since the operation and has not improved.

I strongly suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy and proctoscopy. It is possible that you have formed a fistula that causes seepage of stools through the fistula close to the anal opening. It is therefore, really important to consult a gastroenterologist.