Posted by: Anon | 2011-09-21

Anal Fissure

Dear CyberDoc,

Please help with advice if possible. I experienced some constipation and immediately after that hard somewhat runny bowel movement, which after doing some research narrowed it down to an anal fissure as I have all the symptoms described.

I used anusol supp, for a week and a half and have now started using sheroproct with a little annathaine on inserting.

Is there anything you can suggest I use to make it easier for when there is a bowel movement as the pain is so severe that it feels like I want to pass out/feint afterward.

Please help! Thank you

Try softening your stools by using Laxette syrup, 20ml twice daily for at least 10 days, in combination with Movicol for at least one month. If this does not work, you will have to consult your doctor.

Posted by: Anon | 2011-09-21

Hi Jess,

Thanks, but this is definately not constipation, this is most certainly all symptoms relating to an anal fissure.

Thanks though!

Posted by: jess | 2011-09-21

You need to make sure you are not constipated.

Reply to jess