Posted by: Patsy | 2011-02-07

Anal discomfort when having vaginal sex

I recently went for an operation to put a " Monarc sling"  which is used when one suffers from urinary incontenence. This operation has changed my life and helped return my sexual and overall confidence. However, I still feel that the wall between my vagina and anus is extremely thin when having sex and am alarmed when it feels like I want to pass gas during intercourse. The gynae advised that there is nothing they can do since the upper muscle seperating the two has been slightly damaged due to childbirth. How do I explain this to my partner. We have a healthy sex life and both enjoy our bedroom business, however, this problem seems to be worsening. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem please? I dont practice anal sex so this could not be the problem, but have had piles removed.

You are possibly experiencing vaginal flatus which is due to "tenting "of the vagina when you are preorgasmic and at the height of your climax before orgasm. You are therefore experiencing a normal reaction . you need to visit a physiotherapist to start Kegels exercises so that you create a vitalised vagina