Question
Posted by: jongman | 2009/02/17

anal discomfort

dear doctor. as much as this is embarrassing, must i ask the question.
i have a little ball like thing underneath the skin at my anus. could this be a swollen gland or simptoms of another sickness. it is situated right at the anal opening

Dear Jongman
No need to feel embarrassed - this could be a hemorroid, which is kind of a varicose vein you get around the anus - often due to constipation or exercising with heavy weights or sometimes just because it runs in the family. It can become sore at times, but is normally not dangerous. It would be better if a doctor can have a look and confirm my suspicions. Treatment usually can reduce the size but only removing it with surgery will be a permanent solution

3
Posted by: jongman | 2009/02/17

how do you cure it?
i hope it isn' t piles

Reply to jongman
Posted by: jongman | 2009/02/17

if it is from what do you get it?

Reply to jongman
Posted by: anon | 2009/02/17

it sounds like piles to me

Reply to anon