Question
Posted by: Maropeng | 2010/04/08

Anal Bleeding

Im not sure if its thick tissues or a serious problem. there is blood coming off my anal everytime after passing stools, the stools are hard and covered with blood, is this serious problem as i''m now 31 weeks pregnant. can it be treating and isn''t this gonna affect my baby?

The most likely thing is piles, but you do need to tell your doctor so that a diagnosis can be made. If this is piles, it will not affect your baby and you can be given a cream to relieve things.

2

Posted by: K | 2010/04/08

Hi. You probably have haemorrhoids. I also got them when i was pregnant. Perhaps you need to take something like Movicol to soften the stool so that you don''t have too much irritation.

Reply to K