Question
Posted by: M. Ismail | 2010/09/25

anal abcess

Hope this finds u in good health. It happened to me 5 years back. I had a surgery for peri anal abcess. after the operation the big wound was heald leaving a very tiny opening. Through out years i am experiencing drainage of some sliva, often i get a very bad smell after taking of my pants or underwear. the smell thing happens when i wear pants and go out on a longdrive or come back after a couple of hours of shopping or any other activity. if i keep washing it 5 times a day the smell is not there. my girlfriend told me that it is smelling like menstrual blood. in addition to this the tiny opening closes sometimes to form a bulb of pus, if i press it it bursts and all puss drains through with blood.
please guide me about this. how worst it can become, can it lead to cancer? what should i do? i do not want to have plugs. neither i want to go for another surgery. pls advice as soon as possible.

It sounds like the problem is related to your abscess. This is not in my area of expertise and you should discuss it with a surgeon or your GP.

1