Question
Posted by: Meg | 2010-09-05

Anaesthetic

Hi, I had a cervical fusion done in May 2009 which failed to fuse so the operation was repeated in Jan 2010. Now my neuro surgeon has discovered the same degeneration in my lumbar spine and has recommended a lumbar fusion.
Of the many questions I have, one is that I am concerned about what effect the anaesthetic is having on my system. Is December 2010 too soon to have this operation?
Help!

Meg

Modern day anaesthetics are very safe and the product usually wears out withing 24 hours. Your anaesthesiologist should be informed about your previous anaesthesia and any problems. Simple blood tests can be done to exclude any previous damage done by anaesthetics.

Dr Arnich