Question
Posted by: Fnis | 2010/11/15

Anaesthesia and TTC

My husband very recently had anaesthesia twice within 4 days. Can this have any negative effect on his sperm? We are trying to conceive but I don''t want to risk problems is there is any chance of unhealthy sperm. Can you please advise on how long we should wait?

Dear Fnis

The anaesthesia itself should not have any negative impact on sperm quality in the immediate future. However the underlying reason for the anaesthesia and the underlying disease process may well contribute if this was associated with excessive fever or widespread infection. Even in this case the effect should only be transient.

Answered by Dr Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/11/25

Dear Fnis

Answered by Dr Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert