Question
Posted by: Marjorie | 2009/04/14

Anaesethic

My child is a recovering addict (tik) had been clean for ±  3 months
and unfortunately used once - a week ago, said it was only a little bit - my question is that he is going for an operation next week and will be under for ±  1hour. What I need to know is if it is safe for him to be put under or must I put the operation of.

Dear Majorie
It should be out of his system by now but please mention this to the anaesthetist - it may be safer to check his blood levels/urine about 24 hours before the operation to be sure that he is clean.
Dr Betd