Question
Posted by: jo | 2012-02-28

anaemia or hyperglycemic

I have been struggling with this problem i have. I cant sleep at night cos i get this burning feet, tingling in hands and feet, i feel faint when im hungry and fatigued. i constantly go to urinate and is distressing. i cant loose weight cos im constantly hungry. i did a blood test but no signs of diabetes. pharmacist gave me berocca it helps with the fatigue but the tingling still there. The pharmacist ask if maybe i got anemia? Could it be anemia of b12 or what cos the iron tablet dont do much.

Jo

Yes, it is possible that you are anemic or that you have a Vitamin B12 deficiency. In light of your symptoms, I suggest that you consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test and serum insulin levels. You might be suffering from diabetes and the burning sensation can be due to peripheral neuropathy. Consult your doctor for all the necessary tests.