Question
Posted by: Kristen | 2010/08/24

Amoxillian

Good morning CD

I was prescribed amoxillian 2 weeks ago and my period is a week late (although my cycle is not very regular) I was wondering though could the antibiotic have an effect on my birth control tablet to delay my period or maybe its because of the reason I needed the antibiotic (tender appedix).

Hallo Kristen
Antibiotics can influence the levels of the hormones of the pill, as the absorbtion of the medication can be impaired. Some antibiotics can affect the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill so it is always safer to take extra precaution (like using condoms) when you are on antibiotics. If you think you may have a risk to be pregnant, just do a pregancy test to set your mind at ease.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/24

Hallo Kristen