Posted by: Ingrid | 2012-08-30

Amnion (vrugsak) position is too low

We are trying for a baby (our second) - I had my period (which was a weird one) 2 weeks ago. Last Thu I woke up bleeding, heavy bright red blood, with light cramps. Went to GP first, did urine test, positive. Went to gynae, diagnosed miscarriage. Today I went for checkup at gynae and now there''s an amniotic bag (vrugsak) very visible (measuring to 4,5 weeks). BUT the Gynae says the positioning of the bag is too low, too close to cervix - will my baby survive, and was it really a miscarriage last week, or was it twins? I am so sad and confused.....

Unfortunately it isn't possible to say what will happen with the pregnancy. The bleeding may have been a threatened miscarriage where it was just too early to see the sac. Another scan in 10-14 days will give you a better idea of what is happening.