Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009/01/21

Amniocentesis test

Im 38years old and 17weeks pregnant. Taking my age in consideration, I am worried that my baby will be born with abnormalities. I have approached the M.O.U. in Cape Town, but was told routinely the amniocentesis test is for women 39years of age or older. Otherwise I have to do it privately which is very expenses. Can you please recommend where I can have this test done for a reasonable fee.

Dear Worried

Unfortunately this is not a fertility question per say and I would ask you to please post the same question to the obstetrician and gynaecologist on the Heath 24 column for further advise.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim