Question
Posted by: Anne | 2010-07-07

Amniocentesis

I am 32, 16 weeks pregnant by ICSI (my first pregnancy) and was told at my 12 week scan that the NT was 2.3, nasal bone was seen but the bloods came back at a risk of 1in 90. Would you recommend an amniocentesis. What are the risks these days?

I think that you have posted about this before. You will have tro make the deciionabout amniocentesis. The risk of having a baby with Down syndrome is 1 in 90. The only way to know for sure is with the amniocentesis. Partly it depends whether you can live with a disabled child if this is what it turns out to be, and whether you would terminate the pregnancy if it was Down's.
The miscarriage risk with amniocentesis is 1%.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-11

Posted by: f | 2010-07-09

I have read that there is a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage with amniocentesis.

Reply to f