Posted by: Ron | 2009-03-26

Hi Vanessa,

I am currently taking amino acid caps. 2 caps contain 1000mg of l-leucine, l-isoleucine, and l-valine.
it says to take 6 caps a day (3000mg).

Do you think it would be sufficient if I just took 4 caps a day (2000mg) to make them last longer?

I am 88kg, fairly lean, and also take a mass builder which contains plenty amino acids as well.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Ron

I certainly believe that will be sufficient! However, remember you do not have to spend huge amounts of money on supplements if you eat a balanced diet. Even here in the professional fraternity we use a protein in a peptide form – as little as 8 g during training and 8 g after training both times mixed into an energy drink which provides huge support – not to even mention that you then do not have to swallow all those tabs. Complete your training regime with a protein shake that contains some carbs to stimulate an insulin response and the rest of the day just eat good clean food. Remember to include you good fats – they are vital!

Good luck and take care!

Posted by: Ron | 2009-03-26

Thanks Vanessa.

So you think the amino caps aren' t that neccessary?
the shake i take post training has 47g carbs and 41g protein per 100g. I also sometimes eat tuna straight after training with my shake, not sure if that helps much?

where can i get fats from? that is, natural food, NOT supplements. how much is needed?

Reply to Ron