Posted by: A concerned friend | 2009-04-19

Am so worried bout ma friend

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if you guys could help me. I have this friend of mine, she' s still very young, less than 30 years she got devorced two years back, she backslided from being a born again christian and now she' s four months preggies and involved with a married guy who, by the way is the father of her unborn baby. I am her best friend, and I am worried about her. To me it would be better if she have waited a little longer after the divorce before getting involved to some1 else, especially a married guy. I just feel that she' s making some wrong choices, I know, I can' t tell her what to do, but as a true friend, I am worried bout her.
I donno what to say to her anymore. Please advice me what to do to help her without interfierring in her life?

You're probably right that she has been making unfortunate choices, for whatever reasons. You can hardly help her "without interfering in her life" ; and there's not much you can do, anyway, other than chat to her, and ask questions about how she has decided that this affair is a good and Right idea, and how she plans to cope with the situation ---not telling her what to do, but reminding her that her choices are hurting a number of people ( such as the man's wife ) and that she can't aford to ignore such issues

Posted by: nay | 2009-04-20

WE all make mistakes in life.I am a born again christian and I am experiencing an issue where my husband of 13 years has left me for the secretary at work.Your friend should except the fact that she is causing alot of people alot of pain including herself.If this guy is not prepared to support her she should accept it. It was not her man to begin with in the first place so she cannot lay claim on anything he has.She should have known better. She should recommit to God and trust in Him for a solution.You are the best thing that could have happened to her.Keep on supporting your friendYOu can tell her what to do.It will only be up to her to accept your advice. You are a good friend.She should be so lucky to have you.

Reply to nay