Question
Posted by: XYZ | 2010/09/17

Am so anxious

Hi CS,

Please advise. Am pregnant with multiples and am so anxious. I feel as if I am walking on glass every day. I worry so much. Every day I wake up and pray that all my babies are alive and it kills me that I don''t know. I also don''t know if they are 100% healthy and will only know in my 5th month. Two weeks to go, but this is torture for me. I just feel like crying. I feel so pathetic right now for not being able to control myself.

I was speaking to my supervisor this morning and I mentioned how anxious I was and it is because i don''t if all my babies are ok. And all that was said was ''oh shame, that''s pregnancy for you''. Everything will be fine. Is that the only worries I have in my life right now.

It may seem so insignificant, but this is killing me. We have just come to terms with the fact that we are having 3 babies and are so blessed, but I won''t cope if anything is wrong with one of them or if one of them doesn''t make it. I am not putting any bad omens on them by saying this, but I needed to say something about how I feel right now.

Hormones and many aspects of pregnancy can indeed trouble your mood. Do you have a special reason for assuming that your babies are at specially high risk, or just a bit over-worried in general ? You should be seeing a counsellor to work through your worries, anyhow - didn't I recommend that previously ?
There is no reason to expect that any of the babies will have serious health problems - and even in the unlikely event that they did, you WOULD cope with it, being a kind and loving mother. It sounds as though there might be a slightly increased risk of a shortened pregnancy and an earlier birth that with a single baby - but this is fairly routine, too, and usually involves no specially high risk or problems.
THings will soon get clearer, and I hope the news is re-assruing for you, and that all goes well

4

Posted by: simone | 2010/09/17

Dear,i myself didn''t have multiple,but i understand its not easy.if you have health problems then its better if you stay under control of doctor.and yourself be careful.for your fears and suspections go for an exam to make sure everything is good.and remember pregnant women need to have peace of mind.Good luck.

Reply to simone
Posted by: XYZ | 2010/09/17

Thanks Simone. I had major surgery earlier this year, so my situation is much higher risk than a normal multiple pregnancy.
I have been told by several people have more than 3 babies and are ok, so it is not such a big deal. Unfortunately, with me I have already been hospitalized 6 times in 3 months and have been told to expect much more as time goes by.

So, it is very frightening. Having one baby is a breeze. I''ve experienced it and can tell you it is nothing compared to what I am experiencing now. Adding to it is the fact that I desperately need to know if all my babies are developing normally and have no health issues. Many people compare this to a single pregnancy that they may have experienced, and it can''t be compared. With multiples, every pain isn''t normal and when you are feeling sick, you need to act immediately.

I learnt his from my last hospitalization, when I thought the slight ache I experienced, just once was normal. Little did I know that it was a uterine infection and I started bleeding heavily and spent a long time in hospital as I was resistant to all the antibiotics. It terrified me because I didn''t know that anything was wrong.

Have you had multiples yourself?

Reply to XYZ
Posted by: simone | 2010/09/17

Hi Dear XYZ

I totally understand you.When you are pregnant you become more sensitive than usual.This is not happening only to you.Many pregnant women feel anxious about their and their babies health.Don''t worry.Everything is fine with you.If there was something wrong you would definitly know about it as you would feel.You are pregnant and that is a healthy condition.You may feel pain in you belly,may feel sick and many this kind of things.But its quite normal,so dont worry.All that needs to be taken care of is the fears that you have.Although there is nothing to worry about you can still go to doctor and have a check up.Just for youself to be calm.Many women have even 5 or more children and no problem with it.So take a deep breath and don''t worry.

Reply to simone