Question
Posted by: zee | 2010/06/14

Am i wrong

I need a second opinion here, my gf has visited me and she is having her periods.....she would like to have sex - i just don''t like sex during that time of the month.

My gf is kind of very sexual active and me on the other hand, i am the opposite. I do try though.....what i need clarity on is this ....AM I BEING SELFISH by not wanting to have sex during that time of the month....i''m kind of feeling guilty.

Dear Zee

Some people prefer not to have sex during mentruation. This may be for cultural or other reasons. There is no medical reason not to do so provided adequate care is taken to ensure safe sex practices (ie. condom use as there is a greater chance for the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases).

Perhaps you should discuss your preference with your partner. Remember that 'making love' does not always have to involve penetrative sex. Couples can enjoy giving and receiving pleasure and intimacy and sensuality without necessarily having penetrative intercourse.

3
Posted by: alex | 2010/06/15

you are not wrong, if you can respect her wishes at times not to have sex then she should respect yours - a relationship is a two way street,

Reply to alex
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/06/15

Dear Zee

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: XXX | 2010/06/14

Sex should always be with the approval of both parties.Women are quite often very horny during their periods.
Provided you make sure you clean up before and after,there should be no problem with having sex then.You might not want to push it all the way in ie just shallow thrusts.

Reply to XXX