Posted by: Hans | 2009-06-15

am i wrong?

ok here' s the friend was seeing this girl and they were serious. They got into a fight or whatever and he cheated on her. He now has a child with the girl he cheated with, and of course the girlfriend left him. He' s my friend and everything but he is a cheater (he' s cheating on his current girlfriend too) and a bit of a womaniser. Now I know that he' s still hung up on her but she says there' s no future for them.
Over this weekend I was hanging out with the girl, being very cuddly and one thing led to another and we almost slept together.
Am I wrong to pursue a relationship with this girl even though I know my friend is still hung up on her?

Your riend isn't very clever, is he ? People in relaionships have fights --- but if they have any sense they don't rush out to be unfaithful, in response. And they use contraception, so they don't create unfortunate kids. And he's still cheating, even on the new girl. That's pathetic, immature and selfish, as well as cruel to others and irresponsible. There's no future for this or any other relationship he might have, so long as he allows himself to cheat.
One thing he does not need, however, is for you to start an affair with this girl until after his relatonship with her is entirely over ; and she surely doesn't need it either. Find someone else to keep you warm.