Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-02-16

Am i Wrong...

...Ok so Saturday was Valentines day.
I' m not sure what to think really.
I never even got a rose ...
Maybe im being wrong here, he took me for super and then off to spend the night alone together which seldom happen as we both stay with our parents.
So although not something material he gave me a night to remember as it was totally nice being able to lie in his arms not having to worry about anyone coming in or anything like that.

The thing is he got me nothing at all like material.Even if it was just a rose or letter or poem or something but I just feel like he made no effort.I mean anyone can book a beautiful room for the night and get supper.I just don' t feel like it was all that special.I think because I thought he might surprise me and do something special and then he never.Even though I know he is not the romantic type it was V.day after all.

Am I being ungrateful?Are guys just like this?
I feel like im the only one that never got anything.
Now I cant exactly tell my friends or family what he got me because its something we shouldn' t have done in the first place.So according to my friends and family he got me nothing.

I' m thinking that perhaps the finances are not looking too well which I doubt because he is fairly wealthy but then again you never know... or he never had the courage to go into the shop to get me something.
I on the other hand got him something I would consider special,that he could keep forever and that took some thought and effort into getting.
To make matters worse another good guy friend of mine brought me a big teddy and chocolate on Sat.while we were out and that made my bf look even worse.

So again am I being ungrateful or is he just being a guy...

Amazingly, I didn't get any roses either ! :} <br>Yes, you are, indeed, wrong. And greedy and materialistic. <br>People complain about the ridiculous commercialization of Valentine's Day, and I agree, but most of all I resent the fact that for crass commercial profit, they provide so many more opportunities for people to feel hurt and heartsore. <br>But let me get it clear here --- a guy who likes you, took you out to dinner then to a nice hotel for a romantic night, and you're complaining because he didn't include a ROSE ? Have you any idea how much that "made no effort" COST ? "Anyone can book a beautiful room for the night and get supper" ? ANyone can buy a crummy rose, too. But after all he did and spent on you, you accuse him of "doing nothing special" and not being romantic ? <br>Guys worry that girls are like you --- greedy, and ungrateful. Why on earth is a romantic occasion all about what you GOT, and about later comparing your trophy with what other women GOT ? <br>And you were also out with another guy ( so your relationship with Mr NoRose isn't exclusive ) and he's a hero for buying you a teddy and chocolates ? DId you ask for the invoice, to add to your collection ? <br>So yes, you are being highly ungrateful, and I feel sorry for your boyfriend. He deserves someone less grasping than you.

1
Posted by: Lee | 2009-02-16

My bf and dont celebrate valentines day - instead each day we tell each other how much we love and value the other and we do little things for each other without being asked, like running me a bubblebath etc., Valentines day has become so commercialised that people think that thats the only day to say I love you to your spouse/partner then treat them like kak for the rest of the year!!! I think that he made a effort to make you feel special and you should have been happy with that. It is not always about material items, its about what comes from the heart!

Reply to Lee