Question
Posted by: Weird | 2008/07/18

Am I weird?

I was never interested in the acadamics and at school just scraped through to the next grade. At high school I seemed to grow some brains and passed matric with a good mark. However there is something very weird about me that I have noticed. I have the tendency to memorise numbers. I will look at a number once and remember it for a long time. I can now remember numbers that was given to me 10 years ago and I cannot forget it. I even know all my card numbers on the front of our retail / bank cards. I know all my sisters ID numbers, my ex husbands etc. How can I forget these things because to me its using up space in my brain. It causes a bigger problem when I break up with someone and I want to forget their numbers and I cant. Is there something wrong with me or should I count myself lucky.

Some of us have this sort of skill, and some of us ( myself included ) absolutely do NOT. There's nothing wrong with you at all, and this can be a useful skill, just like some people are better at specific sports than the rest of us. Arithmetical and number skills quite often seem also to be associated with a talent for languages. As for recalling the phone numbers of an ex, that doesn't need to be a problem --- you will only recall the numbers when you are choosing tto think about that person, and THAT is the issue to work on, alone or with a counsellor if it is a significant problem for you

3
Posted by: Mary | 2008/07/18

Think you should count your blessings. I have a terrible time remembering phones numbers and names etc. Even thought about going to one of those things (see I can' t remember the name) where they teach you how to improve your memory.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: I think | 2008/07/18

SR, why do u always make everything a joke? do u ever have a constructive responce to anything?

Weird, i dont know what the solution for ur problem but maybe some kind of counselling will help..I think being good with numbers is a good thing but also i think being that good is also not a good thing cos u get frustrated sometimes when u want to forget something but u just cant erase it from ur mind..I hope CS channels u in a right direction where u can get help...keep well..

Reply to I think
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/18

What are the numbers for the next Lotto draw please?

Reply to SR