Posted by: nn | 2009-08-03

Am i wasting my time???

I am a bit confused and just need some outside advise. The past 3 weeks I have been in touch with a friend that I seud to go to school with. We chat a lot over email and sms. And at least once a week I will go over to his house to spend the night. I asked him the over the weekend if it was going to be a case of just spending nights at his house or is something going to come out of all of this. So he said he wants to take things slow and see where it goes from there. So I agreed with him and told him that if I do feel like I want something more –  then there should be more effort should be made. Although I did agree we should take it slow –  it feels like we both live separate lives. And he also said he wants to take things slow but he rocks you at my house at 2am to come and cuddle with me. I feel like it is just a case of it being winter and he just wants someone to cudle and keep him warm. We have both been single for a year and I do not want to feel like all we are going to do is cuddle. I mean if you really like someone –  then go out to movies, dinner, etc… …  you can still take things slow that way. I feel I am wasting my time. What should I do??

I must be old-fashioned, but to me having you routinely spend the night to sleep with him, is not taking things showly. It's arranging things to suit him, and to ignore what you might prefer. Sounds like he's using you for sex ( and as a bed warmer) frankly. And he can't be bothered to take you out for a meal or movies ? Yes, you are indeed wasting your time.

Posted by: Kelly | 2009-08-03

Yip, he is just using you.
Be strong and get him out of your life before you feelings for him gets stronger and you end up getting badly burnt.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: nn | 2009-08-03

Oh and he keeps on telling me how much he misses me. But how can he miss me if we barely spend any time together.

Reply to nn