Question
Posted by: s | 2010/02/15

am I unreasonable

My boyfriend and I have been having a couple of arguments lately but what is getting to me the most is what feels to me like a lack of belief in my intentions.
It seems so much of what I do or say leads to the following statement " that makes me uncomfortable S"  now the things I' m referring to are things like an ex casual sex guy possibly (not definitely) coming back to town and possibly hanging out with all us friends again. I told him about it coz it' s so insignificant to me it doesn' t feel like there' s anything to hide, plus it' s gona be a whole group of friends together coz he' s friends with all of them and i asked my boyfriend to come with. We had a big discussion about it, sorted things out and today I get a message from boyfriend saying that he once AGAIN feels uncomfortable coz he saw on my facebook profile that a gay friend of mine calls me baby love. REALLY? He' s been calling me this since we' ve known each other, since before boyfriend was in the picture. is it just me or is that just ridiculous? if I am being unreasonable I' d like to know so that I can change some things but i really feel like this is stupid and I don' t know how many more times and in how many more ways i can try and put him at ease or make him see that there' s nothing to be uncomfortable about.

These things may feel insignificant to you, but h is indicating that they ARE significant to him. Why not respect his feelings ? Explain, if you wish, why these things don't bother you, but LISTEN to why they bother him, and take this seriously. Maybe he feels more serious about the relationship with you, than you do ?
And consider some sessions of couples counselling to explore such issues and sort them out.

1