am i unreasonable

please advise if anyone can, it it polite to entertain phone calls when the family' s together at home, i have 2 kids and work excpetionally long hours, i have been told that i am " sick"  coz i dont like calls after 7pm! when i am home.

Not long back it was normal social etiquette not to call people after 6 or 7 pm, and it was assumed that calls after that ime would be about an emergency. It was normal to respect one's own "family time" and that of others. Now teenagers more often want to chat at length about nothing much, in the late evening. And the spread of cell-phones has made it too easy to call whnever the whim strikes you. They used to say : " I hope I'm not disturbing you", but this is becoming rare.

Posted by: Wendy | 2009-05-05

I don' t think so at all. It totally depends on the person. My boyfriend does exactly the same thing every night. Come 7pm he switches his phone off and only turns it on again in the morning. He says that is our family time and we need time together to chat and relax.

Reply to Wendy

lol!You sick