Question
Posted by: K@K | 2009-06-25

Am I too old to get pregnant

Im 39, divorced have 2 kid (15 &  12 yrs). Im engaged to a lovely man getting married later this year, is it too late to have a child when Im 40 or 41. What are the risks involved. We both would like to have a baby if possible.

The main risk would be the increased incidence of Down syndrome. This can be tested for when you are pregnant. Fertility does decrease at this age though and you may struggle to conceive.

3
Posted by: julie | 2009-06-26

hi there, my sis is 42 now had bouncin baby boy. well she had complication during pragnancy the baby had to be deliverd early be her placentr could not hold the baby for longer.other than that she was just fine(normal preggies day today stuff)
gud luc!

Reply to julie

HI
I' M 41 NEXT MONTH AND ALSO TRYING. SA DOESNT HAVE SUPPORT GROUPS FOR WOMEN OVER 40 HAVING BABIES, BUT THERE IS A WONDERFUL WEBSITE ON WOMEN OVER 40 WEBSITE FROM OVERSEAS. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

They always say that they would complications or a down syndrome case but am 39yr 13weeks preggies feeling very good had no problem , took folic acid from te time we wr ttc am going for my down syndrome test on Monday 29th am praying for good result so try you will never know