Posted by: concerned | 2009-04-06

Am i too immature

please can you advise me regardin my behaviour. at age 29,female, i feel like i am too immature. i look for every excuse to make a joke sometimes it is not funny. also i talk first and think about what i said later and realise sometimes how sill or stupid i was.

i am concerned that maybe my peers do not appreciate it - at least not all the time. what do i do? i try but then i behave like a hyper active idiot who needs ritalin - i was never on it by the way.

i was told once that i use laughter as a scape goat. been through alot - divorced and many other disasters in my life. sometimes if i think maturely about my behaviour then i believe that it is a way of blocking out all of my pain and heart ache. if people see me acting silly then they feel that i am okay! they cant see what i am hiding? am i crazy?

i know that there isnt something wrong as i am a successful individual, intelligent and productive in the working environment!

what do i do?

advice please. i want people to take me seriously and admire me for all the positives i have to offer - not laugh at me because i am the village idiot?

Nowadays, research shows, most villages can't aford a resident idiot. The youth league is apparently working on a plan for circulating a Visiting Idiot to meet such needs.
Seriously, you sound like an intelligent and pleasant person who may be a bit socially clumsy, and some counselling could help you to sort that out and enjoy your real potential

Posted by: caren | 2009-04-07

who cares what people think! i just wish people would get this! you are who you are!!! end of story. dont waste Brain Space on crap like this!

Reply to caren