Question
Posted by: Shelle | 2010/10/22

AM I TOO FAT or ?

Right, I gained some weight. Some say I am FAT others say at least I dont look as sick as I used to.
I am going on 43. AM only 5ft 2in.
Since I can remember i weighed between 46-49 kgs.
About a year or so ago I started to gain weight. I now weigh between 54-56kgs. I went from size 8 to a 10.
I dont diet, i just watch what I eat and drink LOTS of water. I dont excercise - frankly my life style is just TOO hectic with work - tupperware - and tending the house hold chores.
BUT what else can i do to shed a kilo or two?
Hubby told me I am getting podgy around the middle :-(

Dear Shelle
When you weighed 46 kg your BMI was close to the underweight range at 18,7. Now when you weigh 56 kg your BMI = 22,8 which is just above the ideal of 22 for adult women. At times when you weigh 54 kg your BMI = 22, which is actually ideal. So you are certainly NOT fat. I therefore don't think you need to lose more weight, but would encourage you to try and do some exercise to keep you fit and trim esp in the abdominal area. I hear what you say that you are too busy to exercise, but you can go for walks or buy a skipping rope and skip for 30 min a day (even if you do 10 min x 3 at different times of the day). Think about it - this would be 'Me time'.

1

Dear Shelle