Question
Posted by: Pixi | 2008/08/26

Am I suffering from Depression?

I have been very down &  extremely unhappy, emotional etc &  very difficult to cope with as I freak out about the smallest thing. I am having some financial problems, I' m a single mom my daughter is 18months now &  i even have had thoughts of leaving her with someone I trust &  just dissapearing cos its like i resent her and feel like no one will miss me if something happens (crash the car etc) but not direct suicidal thoughts yet, but i do love her! its just hard cos i work long hrs, cammute by train which is not nice either so I get home late &  then she is difficult to handle &  i get very stressed out. Her father left me while pregnant hasn' t been around much until he came back about 2 months ago so we are trying the whole relationship thing again which is also stressful cos I am scared that he is going to leave again, we fight alot! He has become very close friends with a girlfriend of mine but to such an extent that he literally spends every waking moment with her, and / or her kids &  husband as she stays across from me. im anxious all the time about this and freak out cos I have a feeling he is cheating on me cos he has become very cold towards me, doesn' t want to hold or kiss me anymore &  our once use to be good sex life is now non existent. He also talks about her all the time &  can' t stop saying how awesome she is in every aspect but only criticises me! I was put on Trepiline 2yrs ago for 4 months by a GP as I had a emotional breakdown. i have been taking the tabs again since Friday &  it works a bit to relax me &  let me sleep but nothing else since it will take time again i pressume to get in my system?
Could you please advise if I indeed need to go back onto a stronger form of Trepiline or another tab that is similar &  if this is some form of depression. I need something soon cos my relationship is on a fast track down hill &  my work is beginning to suffere because of this. I am going to my GP Friday the I can get him to prescribe something. I have heard there is a new tab on the market that works in like 2 weeks in such a way u will be a completely different person but I cannot find out what its called?

This could indeed be Depression, and there's clearly also stress and anxiety in there. Arrange to see a good local psychiatrist as soon as possible, for an assessment and treatment advice --- whether privately, or throuhgh your nearest medical school or major government clinic or hospital. This condition responds well tontreatment and this will obviously benefit you and your child ( who needs and loves you ). Nopthing turns you into a different person, whether in 2 weeks or longer --- and that's good --- there's nothing wrong with the person you are, except for a depression which needs treatment. Numerous effective antidepressants are around, most of which may start to show benefits earlier, but which all need 2 to 4 weeks to show their full benefits. And check out availability, as well as the meds, of counselling, to help you deal with the issues that are concerning you, and which are more than chemical in nature