Question

Am I strange?

From my childhood days, I found it very hard to mingle with other kids in the streets, I preffered to be all on my own at all times. Now in my adult life, I still find it very hard to be in crowds, especially fun having crowds, I don' t smoke,I don' t drink and you' ll never see me at clubs or parties. I fear my woman might feel trapped by my lifestyle as she' s an outgoing person and I' m always inddor. How can I change?

COuld well be a vaiety of Social Anxiety Disorder ( and I'd guess you'd shrivel at an invitation to stand up and dance or speak at a gathering ? ) Fortunately this condition, though untreated it can cause real misery, generally responds really well to treatment, best of all with CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and also some medications, and you could gain in confidence and comfort when mingling with others. You will still of course be able to enjoy being on your own, too, but will gain the freedom of choice ! It won't change your nice and graceful character, but widen your repertoire of choice

2
Posted by: Liza | 2009-05-13

Do you think that it is a problem that you don' t like going out? If you really find it difficult and problematic to be in a social situation, CBT will help. It won' t make you want to go to parties, but it will help to make it easier to be in social situations.

Otherwise, if your girlfriend loves you and accepts you for who you are (like it should be in a relationship) why should your introversion be a problem?

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Resh | 2009-05-13

i dont think u should. I am like that &  always were like that growing up &  others use to think im a freak but i didn' t care, i have been with my bf 4 about 3 years now &  i ask him many times y did he choose me coz im so homely &  i dont do clubs or drink &  smoke &  he said he knew i was his soul mate coz he had dated alot of girls who were very fast moving &  he thought he would never find Mrs right (lol) so my advice to u is dont change urself just to fit in or find love. It will find u &  ul be surprised that there are girls out there &  a very few who will actually prefer ur lifestyle.

Reply to Resh