Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2009-03-04

Am I STILL eating too much?

Hi there,

Here generally what I eat in a day, plesae advise me if this is healthy enough, and little enough for me to loose weight.

8am - 50ml Muslei with milk
10:30am - 1 small fruit or 2 Provitas with 20g Edam cheese
1:30pm - 1 cup salad with about 100g meat, sometimes a tiny portion of starch like a small potato
4pm - 1 small fruit
7pm - 1 cup salad, 1 cup cooked veg and 200g meat

2 litres of water, and generally 2 - 3 cups of coffee with one sugar added.

I have lost 15kg' s so far, but the weight loss has slowed down considerably!

Dear Andrea
Congratulations on losing those 15 kg - you are a bright ***star***! The diet you describe is far, far too high in protein (more than 300 g per day!, when the RDA for adults is 56 g/day). I would rather suggest that you eat more vegetables and have another 2 portions of fat-free milk or yoghurt every day. This is to ensure that you are getting sufficient calcium for your needs (1200 mg/day). Diets that contain higher levels of calcium and are based on low-fat or fat-free dairy products also encourage weightloss. If you find that you weightloss is slowing down then I would suggest you start doing some daily exercise such as going for a brisk walk for 30 min a day. Exercise is still the best metabolic stimulant available and it should promote further weightloss.
Keep up the good work