Question
Posted by: Lizel | 2010/10/13

Am i sensitive or childish

Good day
It was my daughter''s birthday end Sept and I invited my brother them and their grandchildren, coz the children are in the same age group. She was sooooo exited for her birthday, and we told her that they are coming to her “ PARTY”  so we decided to give her something very small. Bought a few things coz she couldn''t even sleep the night before. They never pitched (not even a phone call) so my hubby went to go and fetch some children from his family side just to make it a “ kinda party”  for my daughter very late afternoon, just for her to see some children and have fun, coz she kept on asking when are they coming. Sent sms''s and all, no reply from NO ONE. Early Oct it was my husbands birthday and we decided to have a braai. When we invited this family members to baby''s do, we told them it''s hubby birthday the following weekend, so this is a double invite. Well hubby''s birthday came and AGAIN no call, no nothing. Fine, no problem. Now the same people we invited to hubby and baby''s “ birthday party”  wants to give my eldest brother (who was also invited and never came) a party for his birthday that''s coming up in November. She called me earlier telling me the plans and we must all work together to make it a success. Needs my help and input. I told her I am not interested coz we invited all of them and they couldn''t even wish my husband and baby, now I must help and what not. They are just so casual about the fact that they were not interested in “ our”  do ''s and it''s like a “ what the hell is your problem”  attitude they giving me. I don''t know.........Am I sensitive or childish with this behavior

You're not at fault in any way - these are selfish and VERY bad mannered people, who are not worth bothering about. Can't imagine what sort of party they'd give. You have shown maturity in not following the temptation to accept THEIR invitation and not show up.

4
Posted by: Ruby | 2010/10/14

Agree with CS &  other posters. PLUS, how reliable will they be to organise this party anyway? What if they promise him a party &  then never do it! Imagine how awful. I''d say never invite them again, they''re not worth the trouble.

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: jazmine | 2010/10/13

how rude of them!

Reply to jazmine
Posted by: anon007 | 2010/10/13

tell them to piss off

Reply to anon007