Question
Posted by: almostmad | 2009-09-17

Am I selfish?

I have been so depressed for the past 2 months, my medication seems non existant. 2 months ago I had to leave my job(field) that I loved because of relocation with my fiance. I have a good job now, but it isnt what i want to be doing, it isnt what I love doing. I know what job I want, because I' ve had the job before. I want to start applying even if it pays less because its what I love doing. but if I do this I might give up my chance of making more money so my fiance and I can have our own place etc. Am I selfish to be depressed (although I cant help it) and want to change jobs? I just want to be happy in my job. Then on the other hand my dad lost job cause recession and I want to help my parents out as well. What do I do? I worry about everyone all the time.

You're not selfish at all, but in the uncomfortable position of needing to choose between important things which have good arguments for and against them. Seeing a counsellor could help you to weight and choose between the possibilities, and keep an eye on that depression you mention.