Question
Posted by: zinzi | 2012/10/16

am i pregnant???

hi
i took contraceptive pills during my period they started on the 25th of september &  used the pills on the 26 &  27 september then they stopped ,on the 28 september i had sex &  again on the 11 &  12 of october.
since i took the pills i don''''t know when i''''m ovulating,don''''t know if my cycle changed. did my cycle change? can i be pregnant?

Hi Zinzi
The contraceptive will usually suppress ovulation from the first cycle if the tablet is taken regularly. There is a very small chance of falling pregnant, even if on the pill, and it usually takes a few cycles for the oral contraceptive to establish a regular withdrawal bleed (or period). The chances are very low indeed that you are pregnant, but if you are unsure continue to use additional protection for the next two weeks and do a pregnancy test in a week.
Anthony – SASHA. For further information please consult SASHA’S website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

4
Posted by: LEE | 2012/10/19

Just get a pregnancy test then you`ll know if you are preg or not

Reply to LEE
Posted by: mysterious | 2012/10/16

The chances are slim but you may never know, be patient and do a preg test after a month.gud luck though!

Reply to mysterious
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/10/16

No dear,

You are not pregnant! the thing is contraceptives have an impact in your cycle and as a result your routine will somehow be interrupted.

Posted by: sexologist | 2012/10/16

Hi Zinzi

Reply to sexologist