Posted by: LaToya | 2009-03-09

Am I pregnant?

I normally get my period on the 2nd of every month. My last period was on 2 Feb and I had unprotected sex(my husband didn' t ejaculate inside of me) on 27/28 Feb and to date I didn' t get my period. What' s my chances of being pregnant?

Dear LaToya

The dates unfortunately are not consistent fertile window and therefore should you have any doubts a home pregnancy test would be recommended. If this test is negative then I suggest a visit to the gynaecologist to exclude a possible ovarian cyst.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Maya | 2009-03-10

You can only fall pregnant if you have sex when ovulating, which for most women would be around day 14 of their cycle. Even if you have a little longer cycle, it would have been well before the 27th Feb. Possibly you had sex sometime mid Feb as well. Take a pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate and they are not expensive. Can get one for around R25 or even less at Dischem or Clicks. You don' t mention having any symptoms.

Reply to Maya