Question
Posted by: Lindsay | 2010-09-22

Am I preggie?

What do the expert say?
I only took one 2months injection in January 2010, was due for the next one in March. Never took it. Had my normal periods in February. In March only went for 2days. April, May &  June nothing and 1 day in July. Had my normal periods in August 16-18. Was suppose to go again on 13 Sept but only spotted. I did a blood test on 14 Sept and I did a HPT on 16 Sept - it was negative. Was it too soon? We are trying for a baby so I hope I am preg! Fingers crossed but can it happen that the injection is still in my system? PLZ RESPOND!!!

Dear Lindsay
You are mostly likely not pregnant if your pregnancy test on the blood is negative. It is unlikely that the injection taken in January is still in your system, at most it will last between 4 and 6 months. But generally a 2-month injection should be out of your system within 4 months.

Answered by Dr Dasoo

1
Posted by: Trixsy | 2010-09-23

Do the blood test again Lindsay. By now you will definitely know if you are peggies, or take a home preg test. Good luck.

Reply to Trixsy