Posted by: Ping | 2013-01-08

Am i ovulating after a misscarriage

I misscarried in Spetember an had a D& C done immediately. My husband and i have been trying since then but no luck. After the D& C i had very heavy periods that were uncontrollable. last month i used OPKs to find out if i am ovulating and i didnot receive a postive result. What does this mean? i did get a faint line which indicated a negative result according to the box. Please advise as to what can be done for me, i would like to have a baby.

dear ping
Return to normal ovulation after miscarriage can be variable, it is dependent on many factors including the stage of the pregnancy at which the miscarriage took place and the completeness of the D&C. In some cases it may take up to 2 to 3 months for the endometrium (lining of the womb) to settle down. It is also recommended that one should allow at least 9 months to 1 year after a previous pregnancy for specialist to diagnose a fertility problem.
Answered by: Dr M.I.Cassim

Posted by: merriam | 2013-01-09

Hi i just want to know when is the right time to try for anonother baby after miscariage. i misscaried on 05/01/12.

Reply to merriam