Posted by: Pip | 2008-11-24

Am I ovulating

My cycle days since feb up until nov is 29, 27, 27, 27, 29, 27, 30, 26, 24, 31. I used the OPK last month from day 10 - 16 without a positive result. This month I again started on day 10 and am current on day 17 - still no positive result. I can' t really seem to be sure about the position of my cervix or mucus. And just to be picky we are trying for a baby boy as we already have a daughter... Do you think that I am ovulating but outside of my normal dates? If not, what tests can be done to determine whether I ovulate or not, and when in the cycle should these tests be done.

The best thing would be to have a blood test on Day 21 of your cycle. Your gynaeoclogist can araange this.

Posted by: Dee | 2008-11-24

I dont always trust those OPK' s - if your urine is too dilute it may give incorrect results. Best option would be to go for a progesterone test around day 21 to see if you have ovulated otherwise you can try Clomid which helps you to ovulate.

Reply to Dee