Posted by: CE | 2008-11-18

Am I ovulating???

Good day,
I would just like to find out if it' s possible to have your periods without actually ovulating?
I went off the pill in July, fell pregnant immediately (my gynae said I' m very fertile), but unfortunately I had a miscarriage 7 weeks later.
Since then, I have already had 3 monthly periods, 24 days apart, lasting 5 days.
Why haven' t I fallen pregnant again?
What is the easiest and quickest method of finding out if I' m ovulating?
Should I consult my gynae for blood tests and if necessary, medication to bring on ovulation?

You can have periods without ovulating. You could buy an ovulation kit to check if you are ovulating, but it can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to conceive.