Question
Posted by: Billy | 2011/05/05

Am I overreacting?

I am involved in a serious relationship. The relationship on the whole is healthy and pretty easy going. However there are issues concerning my girlfriends ex. They were together for 13 years and have two kids together, given that they have kids together it would be unrealistic for me to expect zero contact with her ex. But there are things she does for him that I am not comfortable with, things like she prepares his monthly budget, and pays his bills for him (with his money but still) allows him to use her maid to do his washing and ironing and so on. I have spoken to her about this and she seems to think that the situation is getting better and that his reliance on her is getting less and less as time goes by. I understand her point but it does not make me feel any better about the situation, I have stopped complaining about the situation and just pretend it does not exist. Am I overreacting?

It sounds as though she is still far too involved in her ex's life, far beyond matters involving the kids they share. You're not over-reacting at all, and may be under-reacting. There's no ned for her to continue to mother him, even if he is somewhat incompetent.

3
Posted by: just saying! | 2011/05/05

Dont stand for this , they are divorced the only contact they should have is the kids, paying accounts and doing washing means she has not moved on, be very carefull, this will not sit well with me at all, she is unbelievable, if they are so intimate on that level, washing etc, what else are they intimate about?
Put your foot down,you or him and dont let she manipulates you if it was you she would have flilpped by now.

Reply to just saying!
Posted by: Truth | 2011/05/05

No, you are not over reacting, she is divorced.
It really is make her mind up time - him or you!

Reply to Truth