Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/08/06

Am i overreacting

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up 6 months ago and for once I agree that the break up was a good thing. He was with someone else and I decided to concentrate on rebuilding my life. Recently we have started seeing each other again looking at what we did wrong before and trying to fix the problems. Things have been going well, and today I wanted to sit him down and tell him how I feel about the situation. I just called him and we started talking about things, I was hijacked a couple of months ago and still dont have a car because I was blacklisted and need to clear my name first and this is a long process. He then made it clear that I was delaying on the entire issue and that its my fault, although he doesnt know the circumstances, and all this because I asked him to take me to the shopping centre to do my groceries. Now suddenly its a tedious exercise for him to drive me 3km. I' ve now decided that maybe its best that I just keep my feelings to myself and just accept that sometimes people will never change and only think about themselves. Whenever his car was giving problems i used to give him my car and now he cannot return the favor. I was so upset I started bawling my eyes out and now I dont even want to talk to him or see him.

WHY did you start seeing him again ? That you did suggests you never got very far in your aim of rebuilding your life. Its unlikely that he has changed significantly, as you have discovered --- though apparently you haven't told him the full story about why you have transport problems. Anyhow, this time DO actually move on, and stop communicating with him