Question
Posted by: Mona | 2008/06/04

Am I outdated or what?

Hi!

I met this guy at lunch (it's not the first time i ve seen him). the first time I saw him he told me how beautiful I was and he "loves me". Today when he sees me, he was so confused as to whether have we met before. He is sending sms declaring his love, but I ask him how can he love someone he doesnt even know. Do you think I am naive or what? Is this how people get to know each other? or Is it winter talking? Any advice is welcomed.

You're asking the right question. Whatever he's up to, it's not about love. he sounds clumsy and gauche

4
Posted by: Mona | 2008/06/05

Thank you CS and all of you guys for your responses. I will consider what you are saying. I am meeting this guy later today, but I will make sure it's at a central place.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Shazz | 2008/06/04

I have found that sometimes a language barrier can lead to the above - I've asked my Xhosa friends how someone who've met you for the first time, can tell you that they love you, and, apparently, there isn't a distinction made in some languages between the word "love" or the word "like". This was confirmed by my Xhosa professor.

Consider that as well.

Good luck.

Reply to Shazz
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/04

he could be a nice guy.... but all is pointing towards casanova.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Sg | 2008/06/04

This guy sounds totally confused and quite obviously cannot be in love with you.He appears to be trying to make a move but not doing it particularly well.
Give him a chance to make a move if you are interested but don't let him mess you around.

Reply to Sg