Question
Posted by: tears | 2009/11/18

am i nuts?

hi doc. please help. i have had a ruff patch since 7 september when i broke my ankle a few weeks after that i ended up in high care with pulmonary emoli and dvt. since then i have had the weirdes dreams. eg. dream i see dead people and i can talk to them and i talk to people that is alive. i see the planets hanging so low that you can touch them and you can squeeze them and then they " collapse"  totally. last night i dreamd i found a body in a lift, the person has been driniking. i have a fear of everything. just want to cry. also it is asif the crutches that i walk with is a " life line"  for me. Is is stress, anxiety of shock? ji don' t even want to wear the pajamas that i had on when the ambulance fetched me from home. sit on the couch where i lay when they arrived. what is happening to me?

People who are actually nuts, never have the excellent good sense to post in this forum.
<br/>And secondly, while people with a psychotic illnes ( which might include some of the symptoms you describe ) have such experiences, they usually don't recognize them as peculiar or as likely to be due to illness of some sort.

It sounds as though you have, understandably, been psychologically affected by the injury and its treatment - and perhaps either by some physical components of the problem, or as a side-effect of medications - have you been taking ANY meds, from the docs or over-the-counter ? Mentioning these symptoms to your doc, maybe even having a quick checkup with a friendly local shrink, might help to clarify what is going on

2
Posted by: hello | 2009/11/19

Did you ever think of having another naked person lying down with you? You need that.

Reply to hello