Question
Posted by: moma | 2008-11-25

Am i losing it?

I am in my late 20' s, married and have three kids under 7 ys old. I am a SAHM and dont intend working as my husband does earn a well enough income.

My problem is dealing with my husband' s short temper. he is however not physically abusive . He is a neat freak...I am neat but not up to his standards. So anything from seeing the kids toys laying around and stuff like that would get him totally balistic. he would start tossing the toys and atrt shouting.

He is always critical about the things I do and I feel like I' m hopeless in doing things right.

I am a quiet person and usually keeps everything inside. but I feel these days that when he makes me upset its like this rage about to burts out fom me. Recently i was busy cutting something in the kitchen and he critisized me over something. I just lost it and began banging the knife on the thing I was cuting and actually broke the knife. I was crying hysterically.

I feel so down most of the time too. I am becoming more introverted and feel like my relationship with my children is also suffering.

I dont want to end my marriage cause I do love my husband. I know he' s didnt have avery good childhood.

I am just sooo lost.

Sounds like he has an intolerant and obsessive personality. Marriage counselling would be the way to go. Also, seing a personal shrink / counsellor to work on increasing your own resilience, would be helpful

1
Posted by: CM | 2008-11-25

You do not need a man to make you feel worthy- you sould be doing that all by yourself...
Idea: Since your husband earns the bucks- start studying part time (you have the time), make a living for yourself...maybe he treats you like shit is because in his eyes you are DEPENDANT on him for everything.
What happens if you split tomorow- what do you fall back on to???
Yes- the kids will suffer, they always do...it is up to YOU to make sure they dont. You are still very young- make the most of your life.
Good luck.

Reply to CM