Question
Posted by: Sheila | 2009/10/23

Am I justified in being angry with my mother???

67year old mother (I' m 44) lives with me out of financial necessity. Asked her repeatedly to stay out of my bedroompersonals. I hunted and hunted for sandals I wanted to wear. Asked her in desperation and she said " oh, the white ones, yes I have them here"  had taken them and put them into her cupboard whilst I was at work. I' m forced to put a llock on my bedroom door. Why does she do things like this? I spend time, money and effort on her.

Except for shorthand I can' t make this 10 words.

This sort of thing would be annoying for anyone. So locking your bedroom door makes sense, and don't blame yourself for getting angry. Clearly, such behaviour doesn't seem to her to be a problem, and she may be puzzled that you're so angry. I wonder whether there might be a degree of early dementia, perhaps, which can cause an early phase of forgetfulness and loss of social skills and wisdom. Maybe it'd help to get a psychologist's assessment ?

2
Posted by: almost mad | 2009/10/23

Maybe your mother needs some help. taking your things and putting it in her draw is weird and not normal. keep your door locked!!!

Reply to almost mad