Posted by: CV | 2008-10-31

Am i just paranoid or do others feel th

Hi Ladies....
Hope every1 is well. I just want to find out if im just paranoid or if other mommied and daddies feel like this 2.
i am so worried / scared and concerned when my kids go out with any1 but me ( this include my DH). My brother called this mornig and asked my daughter (9 yrs ) if she would like to go with to his comapny' s family day 2moro. I said its find she could but i also had this NEED to explain all the damger of society to him ( I DIDN' T tho) i thought he would be offended. So instead i explain it all 2 my daughter , unto and including " do not sit on the toilet seat , do go aloow to the toilet..."  I m really concerned as i dont want to spoil her FUN or make her into a PANIC MACHANIC like me.
Either when the kids go with their Grannies , i worry terribly? OUR WORLD IS REALLY CRUEL and i don' t want to loose them or for them 2 be hurt.
My son is going to the beach with his dad 2day and that is a worry 2... dad luckily doesn' t get to offended when i STRESS on the safety of my little man (4yrs )
Please let me know if u feel the same or is it just me

It does sound as though you may be a bit over-anxious, both personally and with regard to what you may be transmitting to your kids. Yes, there is cruelty and danger in the world out there, and there is also love, friendship and gooness. WHy do you have difficulty trusting your brother and the grannies involved ?

Posted by: ME | 2008-10-31

I think you are not being paranoid. You are being protective of your kids like any mom, and I' ve noticed that mums are more concerned than dads bout their kids, am not saying dads are less concerned or something, just that we, as mums become even more overprotective towards our kids, and I think that is normal.
But at least if they are going out with their dad, I think you need to relax, I mean, its their dad and he' ll never let anything happen to them.

Reply to ME